Pages

Saturday 7 May 2016

Bad day

...really, really bad day.

It actually didn't start as bad as it ended. This time I didn't even oversleep.
In the morning I went to the studio, to print the "Rubus oculus". Yesterday the workshop manager even lent me a new restringed screen, so printing went pretty well.

Here are photos of the finished print (I did 12 of them, they're 43 x 61 cm):

 


But then everything went wrong. After printing I started retouching the artbooks and now 11 out of 18 are fucked up. They all got these stains of paint in the middle of the 2nd and the 6th picture. 


(The photo is from the 2nd picture, because the 6th looks even worse).
The actualy problem is that the single images from which the pictures are put together are out of place, so they don't fit together. And by trying to fix that I made everything worse. (I hate mysef so much for doing that and I'm still extremely frustrated.)
At first I thought I couldn't do anything but throw those 11 artbooks away. But then I thought it over and decided to try one last thing: I'm going to reprint those pages and try to replace the fucked up ones. But I don't know if this'll work, because the booklets are already bound and cropped. I don't know if I can put them properly together after taking them apart.
Anyway...I went to prepare my screens so I could print those images unhurriedly tomorrow. But after being done and having regained a little bit of hope, I dropped the only glass of black paint I had left:


Of course this happened exactly the minute the only art supply store around here was closing, so I couldn't get any new paint. Now I'll have to waint till Monday, when there are a bunch of pepole in the printing studio getting on my nerves...as if this shit wasn't bad enough already.

After everything that happened I was pretty pissed and I only wanted to go home, which I did. As always I rode my bike, but today I was wearing a skirt (plus shorts undearneath it) and it was pretty windy, so every single guy I passed couldn't help but gape at me. I know none of them will ever read this, but: FUCK YOU.

Trying to relax a bit I did this: 




...but it didn't really help. 
Maybe I should take a break tomorrow...but I actually can't. When I walked past the empty gallery at my uni, I realized how big that place is and now I'm afraid I won't have enough pictures for my exhibition. Thus I'd like to come up with at least one more middle sized zombie/undead to print.

But right now I'm done...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.