Pages

Sunday 10 April 2016

Preparations

Today I overslept and then I went to my studio and went on preparing my big zombie prints for about 4 hours.

Just so you can get an idea of what I mean by "preparing paper" I took this picture:


It's a 1,5 x 10 m roll of paper, from which I cut 9 sheets, which are 150 x 80 cm each for my Zomingo prints (I decided they're going to be 120 x 72 cm).
Also I prepared my model images. I had to stick them together from many small sheets of transparent paper (42 x 29,7 cm each), because the printer at my uni can't hande larger sheets. 
Here's the zombie girl. 
On the photo you can see that I put the model for the red layer of paint on top of the one for the black layer, to see if the layers are congruent (They weren't so I had to blacken some spots with a brush. Now I hope everything's going to fit in the end) .



Plus I had to weight the paper sheets down. Since they've been cut from a roll they're always going to roll up again. Though I hope they're going to straighten if I leave them lying there for one week with the glasses of paint standing on them.


I'm still not finished preparing the Zomingo models. I didn't have enough transpaprent paper to put in the printer, so I couldn't print out the layer for the blue paint. 
(That's probably good luck for my fellow students, because I almost used up all of the toner while printing out the other models.)
I already put so many hours of work into these pictures, but the worst part is yet to come. I hope that I won't mess up anything while printing. I'd really kick myself for that. :\ 

Now I'm off to clean up my flat...thanks to oversleeping. >:|

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.