Pages

Friday 14 October 2016

Hirnchen

It's been a while. The new semester began this week so I haven't had the time and nerves to start anything new.

But today I finally started making the boxes for my little brains, which is a fuckton of work...you wouldn't believe it! It took me the whole day to get this far:

First I had to tinker with the holding (those white plates) for the brains, so they won't tip inside the boxes. They're made of two plates of cardboard (which I glued togehter and laminated with white paper) with holes in them. It almost took half an hour until they were done!

These are the two boxes (the left one's about 11x11 cm and the right one's about  9x9 cm). It would take too long to explane every work step. But it was like: cutting, gluing, grinding, cutting, gluing, grinding, cutting, gluing and a lot of fiddling.

Here's one of the brains in its box. Since the spring is too stiff to work like a Jack in the box, the top of the box won't be closable in the end. So It will look like the lid has just been pushed open.
The black cords in the back are going to hold the lid in its place, but I first have to laminate the box (I chose gray for the outside and white for the inside), before I can glue the cords to their proper place.
Which I'm going to do tomorrow...? Or on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.