Pages

Tuesday 9 August 2016

Cut my banana into pieces, this is my last resort

Finished my banana today, but I guess this will be the last time I printed something this big, because I had too many troubles handling the sheets of paper by mysef.


As you can see, I printed the "Scheiße" picture as well:

[it's about 19 x 25 cm or so]
I like the distortion, it makes the whole situation look more dramatic. :D

Plus I started making prints of some of my photographs, by rasterizing them. This is the first one I did in full colour:

The one in the middle is a version of the others, I didn't add the layer of plack paint to it, just to see what it looks like.
Here's a close up of the right one (the paper is about 43 x 30 cm]:


It's actually just an ordinary CMYK print, but as you can see it's not that easy to screen print. I didn't know you had to prepare each layer of paint in a different way (by using different angles for each raster), before printing out the model images. That's why the layers aren't in the right places, so the optical mixture doesn't work very well.
But since I know the mistake I made, I'm going to try printing another rasterizes photo tomorrw. I hope the result will be better than the last time.

Also I had a new idea for a hardcover book...but I haven't started drawing it yet.
Seems like my first book idea will have to wait a bit longer, because that other one appears more interesting to me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.