Pages

Thursday 26 May 2016

Major idea

I'm feeling better and I had an idea for a huge project!
I'm thinking about making a limited edition of handbound hardcover artbooks. 
This means they will contain a lot of pages (otherwise you can't bind a hardcover book) and a lot of pictures, too. 
I'd like to divide it in different chapters, each dealing with one of the topics that I'm repeatedly dealing with in my work, like: dead birds, zombies, cephalopods and so on. So in a way it would be a collection of my whole graphic work.
Each chapter would hold...uhm, let's say 4 sheets of paper (I haven't planned that yet) = 16 pages (but probably less pictures).
So if there will be 5 chapters, there will be a shitload of potential sources of error in the making of those books. 
Yup, it would be more work than my maltreated joints can handle and more difficult than I am able to imagine right now...but who cares, I guess I'm going to try it anyway.

I think the most difficult part is getting started with the drawings and finding the right style for the whole thing. :\


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.