Pages

Thursday 9 June 2016

Nebensache

Today I started a side project, because I'm not really getting on with the second chapter of my book. Also some device in the printing studio broke and the workshop manager still isn't back, so it won't be fixed anytime soon, thus I can't work there now anyway.

The project I started is about making a booklet filled with small linocuts (I don't know how many pages it's going to have yet).  
The pictures are going to have two layers of paint, red and black.
I didn't do any linocut in a long time, so I forgot how much my back always hurts while working and that I sometimes slip and end up having cuts all over my hand and fingers.

Here's the printing block which I started today. I only managed to finish the one for the black layer of paint, because I stopped working when I couldn't take the pain in my back anymore.

 Here you can see the drawing for the red layer, too. The teddy bear is going to have red eyes.

And this is what the first block looks like after I printed it. It's about 12 x 14 cm.



 Plus a photo of my maltreated left hand. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.