Pages

Saturday 16 April 2016

Nachzehrer

I've been reading some more stuff about the undead, but it seems like all the texts I found on that subject are just copies of one another. So I decided to go on with my drawings based on the knowledge I got so far.

I'm still not sure about the number of pictures I'll put in the arbook. I planned on doing 8, but now I had to sort out one of them, because I originally wanted this picture to be composed of two parts:


 

Sometimes people were buried captivated and with a Bible placed under their chin, because it was believed that they were "Nachzehrer". The Bible was there to prevent the mouth from opening, so the creature wouldn't be able to suck out the life from its former relatives or other people.
I actually wanted to make one drawing, where the coffin lid is open and the body looks all normal and in addition to that picture another one, where everything is dark and you can only see the corpse with its eye and mouth open. 
But after trying that I decided it's too much and one picture is enough to get the message across.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.