Pages

Friday 11 December 2015

Brothers Grimm

Finally I came up with an idea for a new artbook project.
I reread some tales, collected by the Brothers Grimm, and since there are so many death scenes described in those tales, I decided to illustrate some of them and make a booklet of that (screenprint & hand bound, of course).
By now I did 12 very rough sketches and finished drawing 2 of them. I don't know if I'll use all of the 12 pictures (maybe I'll even draw some more).
So while I'm working on that (I guess it's going to be a shitload of work, and it's going to take for ever to finish this project, because of my upcoming diploma in January), I don't know if I'm going to upload a lot of stuff here.

But to keep anyone who reads this blog entertained, here's the first picture, which I finished for the artbook (at least I think it's finished [I thought of adding some colour in some place], I hope I won't have to redraw everything in the end).

It's from "Märchen von einem, der auszog, das Fürchten zu lernen" or in English: "The story of the youth who went forth to learn what fear was"
Yup, that guy kills cats.



Also, sorry for not working on the Glowworm story, but this artbook is more important to me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.